> see other places
School Motto: Tenete Traditiones (Latin for: 'Hold fast to the traditions').
In 1868, Brother Patrick Ambrose Treacy led a group of Brothers (Bodkin, Lynch and Nolan) to Melbourne from Ireland. They taught for two years in a small school behind St Francis’ Church in Lonsdale Street while the Parade College building was being constructed. In 1871 the school moved into their new bluestone building in Victoria Parade, East Melbourne (hence the name 'Parade').
The school was founded in 1871, making it the oldest of the Christian Brothers schools in Australia. About one hundred boys enrolled on the first day and this number grew steadily over the years.
To accommodate more students, in 1953 the school moved the junior classes to a new site at Alphington, which was acquired by the Old Paradians Association. The school continued to expand, and in 1968 the College moved to a site of 80 acres on Plenty Road, Bundoora. The new site was blessed on 9 April 1967, and the foundation stone laid by an Old Paradian Bishop Arthur Fox. In 1988, the junior classes at Alphington were also moved to Bundoora, where today Parade has 1500 boys in classes from Year 7 to Year 12.