- born about 1817-1818 in Foleshill, Warwickshire, England.
- baptised 15th July 1820 in St Lawrence Church Foleshill??
- he died 1889 in Foleshill, Warwickshire, England.
- his mother was Mary Clark, b. abt 1817 ??
- He married Mary Draycott, on 5th Feb 1837 in St Michael's Coventry Warwick. Mary Draycott, born about 1817 in Ireland. Her mother is Rebecca Draycott, born in Warwickshire.
See more info on the Clarke census data page
- different surname spelling: Clark (census 1841, 1851) and Clarke (census 1861+)
- Where’s Harry in 1861? Should have been 15 years old - maybe staying somewhere else. There is a Harry on the 1991 census, same one? Likely, as their mother Mary also living there, same age, place of birth and job.
- Listed Mary as being born in Foleshill in 1861, but Ireland in 1851.
- Longford is a Hamlet in the Parish of Foleshill
- The presence of Joseph’s brother-in-law William Webster would indicate that Mary’s maiden name was Webster.
- George had a father, brother and son called Nathaniel, a mother, mother-in-law and daughter called Mary, brothers Edwin and Harry, and a son called Edwin Harry, a wife and daughter Emma. They liked to keep the names in the family.
- I have also looked up the Foleshill Parish Church register, which has births and christenings from 1780-1876. Maybe George’s father? Baptism records held at St Lawrence Church in Foleshill list Nathaniel Clark baptised on 15.07.1820, son of Mary of Hall Green, occupation weaver. It also says base born, which means that he was born out of wedlock. So his mother's name would be Mary Clark I suppose. This may make it hard to trace the name of his father too. Hall Green is about 5 miles form Foleshill, Warwickshire. There is another (better match?) Nathaniel Clark in Foleshill, born 5 July 1817, Christened 30 Aug 1818. father William, mother Mary. (source IGI)